In 1643, a merchant named Claude Trudon arrived in Paris. Through a fortunate marriage, he became the owner of a store in rue Saint-Honore, in the Saint-Roch's quarter. In addition to grocer, he was also a wax merchant and supplied his customers with domestic candles and candles for the parish. Trudon developed and perfected his know how to produce candles of the best quality.
On the Eve of Louis XIV's reign, Maitre Trudon thus created the first small family manufacturing business that carried his name and made the fortunes of his heirs. His son Jacques also became general storekeeper and wax producer and entered the court of Versailles in 1687, as apothecary distiller to Marie-Therese, wife of the King.
Maison Trudon officially became royal wax manufacturer in 1719. Wax supplier to Napoleon during the Empire, Maison Trudon kept on prospering throughout the centuries without ever interrupting its activity, particularly through the making of traditional and prestigious candles. Cire Trudon is now the oldest French manufacturer and produces candles of the best quality according to its time-honored traditions.